Friday, May 13, 2016

Weekly Email May 9, 2016

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN MY LIFE THAT HAVE HELPED ME BE THE WOMAN I AM TODAY! As i was sitting in sacrament meeting listening to all the talks about mothers and how important they are i really cannot wait to be a mother!! I think the thing i am most looking forward to is better understanding heavenly father better, loving someone unconditionally that is a mini me and knowing of what they can become. I think its a beautiful thing that god allows us to become more like him and create life! its fabulous that this life is like our mtc for eternity! 

This week was eventful. we have that lovely tiwi thing in our car and i was invited to drive better and not speed. it was kind of embarassing but i got over it and humbled myself and my driving has improved. REPENTANCE IS REAL YALL.          
 If you ever feel like you dont know why you are going through hard things the way you are or why are bad things happening to others? find comfort in knowing that the savior suffered all things....so that he could succor us. Alma 7:11-12  We are able to better understand the Savior because we go through hard things and were able to turn to him to find peace and refuge from the storm. 

Sisters Meeting! It was really awesome! we talked about our worth as children of god and that we are made in his image. I sing i am a child of god everyday to remind myself that i am his! I have never felt more beautiful on my mission and not just this week but overall. I am accepted for who i am and where i am. i love it! I am so grateful for that simple but POWERFUL concept that i am a daughter of god. It makes sense that i will be able to become like my father, and to become like him i will have to undergo some experiences to shape and mold me. I got to see my friends and that was so fabulous. also sister barron told me that we have 24 pdays left...CRAZY. 

we have talked to a lot of people that have said that they are " SAVED"...here is my response to that. oh you are saved!? ME TOO! i am saved from physical death and thats about it! we do not decide that, we can decide to am for the glory to be with our father again where he dwells and act the part! we must realize that we cannot be saved in our sins...because the savior said no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of heaven. its just really sad that when people say that they are damning themselves...as in stopping their own progression. we must realize that we have to exercise faith each day, find ways to improve, repent daily and strive to become like him. 

I know that the gospel is true. I dont know how else to put it. Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, he created the heavens and the earth and because of him we are able to overcome physical death and have the opportunity to overcome sin! 
I testify that he lives, he loves you and is aware of you. I know that sounds cliche but its not. He suffered for your sins, weaknesses and you name it he went through it for YOU. trust in him. Believe that the father would continue to call prophets, continue to give us more scripture. If that is hard for you to fathom then have hope and let that hope work in you and become faith! I love the lord, he has helped me so much. My favorite hymn is PRAISE TO THE LORD THE ALMIGHTY. " Praise to the Lord! Oh, let all that is in me adore him!" I pray that we will not take for granted the majesty of the gospel before us and if you are not a member of the church of jesus christ of latterday saints i say to you there is more. (: 
LOVE YOU ALL. HAVE A BLESSED WEEK! GO OUT WITH THE MISSIONARIES, AND ACCEPT THE MISSIONARIES IF THEY'RE AT YOUR DOOR. 
-SISTER RUSSELL
















No comments:

Post a Comment