Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekly Email September 19, 2016

Hey Y'ALL!

Okay so this week was super fantastic and hard all wrapped in one!
We had the privilege to go to zone conference and be spiritually STUFFED. It was such a beautiful experience to see all my favorite people missionaries all in one meeting! Also I got to see one of my mission mamas JENNY WOOD! I LOVE HER SO MUCH! It was all on how we can exercise more faith and how we can become more consecrated to the lord. My mom and those who know me really well know that faith is something that is always wavering. I am not proud of it but I have faith in Christ not really faith in others and their agency but I have faith that Christ fixes it all. I am so grateful for the chance sister Harman and I have to be companions in this crazy place.

It has been really tough this week trying to help people realize that we are Christians and the message we share is worth their time. I am so grateful for the elders this week, they brought me a lemon-berry slush because they owed me for bringing them toilet paper when they were sick. It was so awesome because they brought it to us at the end of the day and it was AWESOME. It was exactly what I needed.

This Sunday I was so looking forward to partaking of the sacrament. I made a goal to have the savior sit right next to me at church and boy did I feel him. I opened my scriptures and read in Isaiah 43 and I just have been really focused on being fully converted to my savior Jesus Christ. I have had how firm a foundation stuck in my head all week especially " i'll never no never, i'll never no never, i'll never no never, no never forsake!" I have been telling heavenly father that I am going to fight and going to stay on his side. I don't want to go home and then completely forget the lord. I am also a little apprehensive about coming home...I'm not sure if that's the right word but I'm hesitant. I have never come home from a mission, im not sure how I will feel, but as I read these verses tears filled my eyes and its as if there was a loving brotherly arm stretched around me in sacrament.

"But now thus saith the Lord‍ that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee‍ by thy name; thou art‍ mine.
 When thou passest through the waters, I will be‍ with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned;neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."
Isaiah 43: 1-2 He is my savior, he is my friend. I will follow him until the very end. I wont give up and I wont back down. I love my savior!

The atonement is real. I know that it has helped me become who I want to be. I testify that god lives, he sent his son and that he wants us to come to him. don't waste another moment suffering on your own because that's not how he intended it to be.  HE LOVES YOU! Its your choice whether you want to see it or not.

Love,
Sister Russell











No comments:

Post a Comment