Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Weekly Email September 26, 2016

I went on exchanges on Wednesday with sister Davies and i told her i really wish Heavenly Father would just give me an answer already and i felt like i didn't know if it was something that i did or didn't do and that's why he wasn't answering. I did my plan and that threw me overboard. i cried. i was stressed and just really couldn't deal with the fact that my plan was telling me to plan out my life but yet i had no idea what i was going to do. 

Thursday- got a priesthood blessing and it was of clarity peace and direction. 

he said that i would continue to be diligent in my missionary efforts

that god trusts me to make decisions

that through my example my siblings would have the desire to serve

that i would be sensitive to the promptings of the spirit

IT WAS A GREAT BLESSING.

Friday- i had lots of clarity as i prayed and i didn't side track and think about something else as i was praying to him. We were on a team up with a member and she goes to gergia state and i just felt the spirit so strongly. I started to cry and told her that i just feel like i belong here. I feel like i can be myself and not have to feel like an outsider. I feel like i am needed here and i just feel such a sweet spirit. 

Saturday- WOMENS CONFERENCE! Utchdorfs talk and how that we shouldn't have to listen harder we need to listen differently.

Sunday- two women got up to bear testimony but specifically one of them said " i don't know why but i feel like i need to share this story, i have a friend who returned from the military and wanted to serve a mission. talked to his stake president and he said no. and then he went to 6 others and they said no. long story short he never went. i think the moral of this story is the fact that each path is different. just because its the path that's for everyone doesn't mean its the path for you. just because its a different one doesn't mean it bad it just means it the one for you. 

TODAY I read this in preach my gospel. 

Elder Dallin H. Oaks:

“[A person may have] a strong desire to be led by the Spirit of the Lord but … unwisely extends that desire to the point of wanting to be led in all things. A desire to be led by the Lord is a strength, but it needs to be accompanied by an understanding that our Heavenly Father leaves many decisions for our personal choices. Personal decision making is one of the sources of the growth we are meant to experience in mortality. Persons who try to shift all decision making to the Lord and plead for revelation in every choice will soon find circumstances in which they pray for guidance and don’t receive it. For example, this is likely to occur in those numerous circumstances in which the choices are trivial or either choice is acceptable.

“We should study things out in our minds, using the reasoning powers our Creator has placed within us. Then we should pray for guidance and act upon it if we receive it. If we do not receive guidance, we should act upon our best judgment. Persons who persist in seeking revelatory guidance on subjects on which the Lord has not chosen to direct us may concoct an answer out of their own fantasy or bias, or they may even receive an answer through the medium of false revelation” (“Our Strengths Can Become Our Downfall,” Ensign, Oct. 1994, 13–14).


CONCLUSION: I WANT TO MOVE TO GEORGIA AND GO TO SCHOOL. I BELIEVE IT'S THE RIGHT MOVE FOR ME, IT'S WHERE I FEEL I AM MOST NEEDED. 

I am so grateful that heavenly father has allowed me to draw closer to him by paying attention to the spirit. I testify that heavenly father speaks to us and that if we ask him to teach us how to understand how he speaks to us he will deliver. I am so grateful for the lord and how he helps me strengthen my testimony! I would just invite all of you to watch general conference and have questions  that you want answered. The lord will speak through his servants and through the spirit. I LOVE YOU ALL! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ALL THE EMAILS! 

Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment