Monday, May 18, 2015

Twas a good week in da hood!

Monday:  We went to Atlantic Station, thats an outdoor mall and its so awesome! Its wayyy better than San Tan, for example celebrities shop there! Guess who walked right past me? Ne-yo!!! YES NEYO! Atlanta is pretty great. I did not however get a picture...he was trying to hide it hard core. I should have gone up to him and asked if he could use a prayer and asked if he wanted some salvation (: haha Anyways we went to H&M and the guy in there said that Usher always comes in and shops in the kids section (; You know i will be going to H&M more than necessary to find me some usher! (: Mosquitos dont bother me anymore thanks to a lovely member, she gave me skin so soft from avon, I dont think yall understand how glorious this is.
 
Tuesday: We sang in district meeting. that was fun. So update on the pranks after district meeting we were in the kitchen eating lunch then I was like CRAP!! OUR CAR!! & Sure enough the elders pranked us! They put a fish on our car and a sticky note that said "things just got fishy". It was really a clever prank!! Sister Daffer striaghtened my hair...little did she know it'd be that big of a challenge. Its pretty long, but I like it curly because I dont have to try so hard. haha
 
Wednesday: I made the elders dinner because no one signed up to feed them. So I made them spicy cajun chicken alfredo and they LOVED it! I used 2 boxes of spaghetti!! Then we went to our sweet investigaors house who's from China and they gave us water...IT WAS BOILING (not to mention it was a hot day already). The grandma doesnt speak any english & she loves her some sister russell. She likes to hug me and feed me like im a small child. It is quite precious.  I finally did some family history. I actually found 4 people on my dads side which is cool considering i know zip about my black family history. I am going to make it a goal to do family history once a month.
 
Thursday:  PLANNING. I am feeling UBBERLY fat. I dont think I have ever been this bummed about my appearance before in my life. So I have been striving to pray for heavenly father to let me see myself as he sees me because right now all I see just haunts me. This morning I read Mosiah 16, which was comforting because it was about christ. Then I read " Maintaining an eternal perspective" and that was pretty amazing. I need to think eternally. He said in the talk " When our day to day challenges loom before us, it is natural to focus on the here and now. But when we do, we may make poor choices, become depressed, or experience hopelessness. Because of this human tendency, prophets have admonished us to remember the eternal perspective." Then sister daffer just was the cherry on top. She shared D&C 6:33-36 and I started to cry. The elders got us dove chocolates for making them dinner, that was sweet. One of our investigators told us that she prays for our husbands everyday, that the lord will prepare him for us. I thought that was really sweet. (:
 
Friday: Hungout at the church while sister daffer and elder vernon practiced singing for the district meeting. Elder Vernon is such a talented soul! He plays the guitar and the piano really well also hes a good singer! He doesnt believe so but whateves, his opinion is not valid. LOL We found out why one of our investigators wasnt answering our calls, hes in jail! #LOCKEDUPANDWONTLETHIMOUT We had to change for the garden at the church and the elders left their car unlocked and i totally took advantage of that! I stole both of their bags, a pack of oreos and their sunglasses. The garden was fun. Brother Moore likes to tease me and call me Miss Brown, also make fun of my hair. But he's bald so It doesnt really hurt my feelins'. 
 
Saturday: SISTER DAFFERS BIRTHDAY! (: Also we had our first baptism today!! Brother Willie Johnson! Elder Norlund was like Micheal Jordan and Willie is the basketball because he got slam dunked in that water! It was soooo awesome! Willie calls us his angels, its precious. Willie missed the bus so he had to walk 4 miles to the church, hes an older guy and when he told us that my heart melted! OMG! I GOT MY FIRST WHITE INVESTIGATOR!! :D So excited! We went to IHOP for sister daffers bday!
 
Sunday: It twas the sabbath day. not much else. I danced in the rain & that was really fun. OH. I almost forgot Sister Iverson stuck honey on our toilet seat......& I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom & literally stuck to the toilet. I thought it was Sister Daffer who did it to me. But it was a great prank, i'll have to keep that in my wheelhouse.
 
I want to invite you all to really read the book of mormon. Drink from the pages and learn about the teachings, the stories and the people. It will bless your life. If you dont believe me try it. Seriously...you spend most of your time reading text messages, emails, facebook feed...Read something that will bless your life and those around you. So get off this website and go read (:
 
-Love Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment