Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Weekly Email October 26, 2015

First off I need all of you to add the Lund family in your prayers. A sister missionary in my mission just lost her dad and they need some support. THANK YOU! :)

monday: Just call me sister plait. because well...i got braids. I love them. I want to give a HUGE shoutout to mama and brother samuel for buying everything for me. They love me as their own. speaking of i got to talk to helen supposedly my twin...which i totally love her! missions are miraculous, you get spiritual experiences, new friends, new family and a newfound love for the savior. i mean why wouldnt you go on a mission? 

tuesday: we got 4 pizzas delivered to our apartment. we also had a dinner appointment with the odells...which i love them so dearly! sister odell is so blunt and striaghtforward. #muchrespect
I met this guy lindsay and he asked me why i belonged to the church of jesus christ and i said well the peace and the comfort that the bible and the book of mormon bring me is unreal. I told him that when my sister died it brought me great peace that in the book of mormon it talks about doing baptisms for the dead as well as teaching the dead...so spirit world. ALMA 40-41 & 1PETER 4:6 He told me that i was foolish for believing that my sister was up in heaven and being taught about jesus christ and his gospel. It was something that i did not let knock me down but build me up. I knew that what i was saying was true and there was no denying it. It was a knowing that was hard to deny. 

wednesday: We saw lots of members!!!!! We ate lunch with the nalders and she gave us pumpkins....i love the nalders! We helped sister parker with her food storage. We visited the corona and massey family. We had a lesson with franklin and sister christopherson over the phone and then we saw sister facer who reminds me so much of mrs. gould! (: so sweet!

thursday: we had zone conference with elder zwick and half of the missionaries at the conference didnt even recognize me. it was hilarious. elder zwick told me he loved my hair...so him and elder parker are a tie for my favorite members of the seventy. we sang a childs prayer and that was really sweet. I loved it so much! i had bojangles and that was a total hot mess. IT WAS NASTY. never again. i didnt get home til 11:15 that night. 

friday: we were on exchanges with stls and i was with sister nau. we went finding and we invited this man named frank to church. he had met missionaries before in puerto rico and he thought so higly of them. we also talked to this couple and they were both rolling up a blunt. lol we went to the samuel familys home and that was super fun...well because i had to pee and i dont have a key to the church. 

saturday: CAELYNS BAPTISM! i was filling up the font and i thought i was draining so i hiked up my skirt and closed the drain...and i got drenched...anyways the baptism went great! so many people attended and it was awesome. TRUNK OR TREAT!!! THE PICTURES SAY IT ALL.

sunday: primary program. it was incredible. they are now my all time favorite. frank came to church, he remind me a lot of papa. he said this is the church for him. <3 i am excited for the work we are doing and i am grateful for the spirit that i feel. 

hope yall have a great week. i invite each of you to do some missionary work this week..in any way shape or form! 

love sister russell
xoxo








































































No comments:

Post a Comment