Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Weekly Update February 16, 2016

Well folks this week was super long and quite frankly i had a really bad attitude and perspective most of the week but i learned a lot. I learned that i don't know how to cope with stress very well on my mission that has been my number one struggle since day 1, i have a hard time being okat with the things i cant control but as i read my scriptures and remind myself of my father in heaven i can do it more easily and lastly this work is NOT about me! it is about his children, his work and him!
   
This week we were able to go to the temple and it SNOWED!!!! I know heavenly father is aware of me for sure! I got to help a lady in the temple and that was a highlight for me. I got to see sister Lawson and oh how i love her! (: she is so awesome! she updated me on the area and everyone is doing well!
   
We went to mutual with the young women and that was good! i really love the youth! I have been praying very fervently to figure out what i need to do career wise and this week we had the opportunity to go visit some members in the hospital and when a nurse walked in i felt the spirit so strongly! It confirmed that amongst all the careers i would love to have that i am suppose to work at a hospital and be a nurse! :) I was so thrilled! SIDE NOTE: I  peed my pants this week because of sister jones! she is hilarious and cracks me up!

I broke down on Thursday because i just got so overwhelmed but i pulled myself together. sometimes its hard for me to remember that i am human and that i cant know an area that well in 2 weeks and that i cant be bffs with everyone in the ward in that short of time. i just have to be paitent with myself and strive to do whats right and have great hope he will assist me in the process! :) we did service for sister Malone and sister Johnson this week! it was awesome! i read in james 1:22-27 it talks about when we serve others were really serving jesus Christ! I think that's pretty awesome! i love that i continue to learn so much each day!! (:

I LOOOOOVE VALENTINES DAY! I got to speak in sacrament meeting about the love our father in heaven has for each of us. I hope it went well...honestly i kinda felt like i wasn't even there it was all a blur. the ward had linger longer and that was super awesome! i love free food & good company! My valentine this year was a little girl named Cali Wilcox and she gave me the cutest little valentine OH AND SISTER JONES! She got me flowers and chocolate! what a doll face!
Pray that sister Russell will have more reminders to be patient with herself and the lords timing. (: I love you all! don't forget to read your scriptures and don't make those petty excuses...just think of you telling those excuses to the lord...what would he say?!

Love Sister Russell
















No comments:

Post a Comment