Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Weekly Update February 22, 2016

Hey y'all!

This week was a complete transformation. We talked to so many people!! Monday we didn't have pday because of presidents day but we didn't go out because i was sick. I don't know what i ate or what was going on but i was just not up for going out. I continued to work on things i could do in the apartment because i didn't just not want to do any work that day. we ended up going out that night to teach a family and it went quite well. sister hansen and i are still trying to figure out our niche..is that the right word to use? idk anything other than the gospel now haha! 
pday was super fun! the zone leaders elder warren and elder hope made us sisters lunch and went all out! They made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuits, sauce to dip the chicken in and brownies. also they provided drinks and napkins and utensils. They will make their future wives VERY happy !  We played chair soccer and that is super fun! lila we are playing it when i get home... write it down because I'll forget!! Then we went to the Wood family's home and oh boy! i love them! they are super funny and sister wood has the CUTEST HOUSE ive ever seen. her home is beyond pintrest worthy. 
Wednesday we went to district meeting and it went well! elder warren was in my district in atl so its a constant prank war all over again and he's hilarious! fun fact his family moved to mesa while he was on his mission and i always tease im going to go home and be best friends with his family so he'll have to see me at holidays! LOL We talked to so many people this week and man it was awesome! I found a man named Robert Jones in the potentials book and he is black and he said he would love to meet with us! I told him my grandpas name is robert jones and he said " haha its a popular name sweetheart"...kind of a kill joy but thats okay (: i ate 5 slices of pizza all in one sitting! also sister malone in the ward has sneezed over 20 times....coolest thing ever! we went to sister stouts for breakfast and had olaf and mickey mouse pancakes! we taught her the restoration and it was incredible! i started crying and she started crying and she said "wow that is so amazing, as i sit here i know that my son on a mission is doing the same thing and the spirit is so strong!"  I met my soul sister Pam Boyd! She loves goodwill, loves cross stitching and hates to cook! we're going to coordinate outfits next Sunday. (: haha  I have an incredible ward and an awesome ward mission leader! I love this work and im very grateful for the opportunity i have to serve. I have lots more to say but just not enough time.. I know that heavenly father answers prayed the ones we vocalize and the ones that are internal, from our hearts. I know that he is aware of you even when you dont believe you are worthy or special enough to be recognized. I testify that as we seek him he will manifest himself to us in ways only we will recognize. Do you know your purpose here on earth? Do you believe God would send his son so that you could live with him again? Pray and ask him and listen for him to respond. Mosiah 4:9 ( look it up! in the book of Mormon or online www.lds.org)

Have a blessed week y'all! 

Sister Russell















No comments:

Post a Comment