Sunday, June 26, 2016

Weekly Email June 20, 2016

Hey Y'all!

I got braids this week and i LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. I am officially converted. I still wasn't feeling well this week but we continued to press forward. Brother Wood gave me a blessing and i am just feeling better this weekend. I am really grateful for the priesthood power! We had this awesome meal called slow boil shrimp, potatoes, sausage, and corn. It was super good. I am really warming up to seafood. 

We had a really cool miracle! we were knocking doors trying to contact our 15 people and these kids opened the door and the mom yelled "come in"! We walked right in and sat down on the couch and waited there for a while. Then a knock at the door and more people came in and sat down on the couch. We started talking to the family that walked in and come to find out she had met with missionaries before. Her daughter and her had already received a book of mormon and she had just moved to hiram. We bore testimony and invited them to learn more. They didnt give us a specific day to come back but she gave us her phone number. It has been really cool to share the gospel with people, im not sure why more people want to meet with us but my conclusion is this...

When people hear things about the church they start to build up walls. "i heard yall practive polygamy" there goes a wall. When we talk to these individuals its hard for them to accept or comprehend our message because of the walls they put up that they dont even know theyre constructing. We as members of the church must allow those around us to have good experiences of the church and help them build windows. Help people see that we are christians, we do believe that God still calls prophets today and give them the proper authority. I know that as we do this the spirit will carry the truth to their hearts. (: 

We had the privelege of hearing from a member of the seventy this week, Elder Cardon and he is from Arizona! It was fun for him and i to tell our crossroads! I felt the spirit bare testimony of the things i can improve on and the things i need to work on is being more optimistic and full of faith! I am really going to give it my all and try to ask the lord to help me be better. I know he will because he has helped me in the past. 

I just want to say thank you to my awesome fathers and father figures in my life. I appreciate all that you have dont for me. I have collected a lot of fathers here on my mission too, i am so grateful for all the love i feel from them. I know that my father in heaven loves me because he sends fabulous individuals to help me be better and help me better understand the savior. HAVE A GREAT WEEK Y'ALL. (:

Love
Sister Russell










No comments:

Post a Comment