Monday, June 29, 2015

ATL is the place for me!

Monday: 3 MONTHS OUT YALL! So we went to email and so we decided to pull a prank on the elders so I grabbed my silly string from the car and sprayed their car and then we put a bunch of sticky notes in their car. It was fun! We then helped sister facer pack up because she is going to Taiwan tomorrow!! GAH! After that Sister Aiono and I went to the MLK museum and that was a total bummer. You would think they would have done more for the guy. Then we went to Zaxbys with a member and that was fun! I liked the Zaxbys sauce, that was yummy!

Tuesday: The YSA sisters came over and we made a music video to Hark the Herald Angels Sing (: It was pretty fun! Also we danced to this other song...I don't recall it though. So Sister Manzer got to hangout with us because Sister Facer left so we had district meeting....which I wore my African Dress Sister Shedrick gave me! LOL We walked in and Elder Robison got up and said " thank you everyone for being here and...wearing real clothes". Silly District Leader. We all took pictures because we were getting new people in our district. Elder Leavitt was getting transferred and that was really sad. We went tracting over by Georgia Tech and that was super fun! We then went to institute and man do I miss institute!! We all slept on the floor that night and it was incredibly comfortable...might do it again.

Wednesday: We ended up driving sister manzer halfway to transfers and that threw off my entire day. We visited some Recent Converts and we ended up meeting Tramelle or better known as BIG T! He is so awesome! He looked up to all the missionaries so much, which I thought was so sweet! We got initiated into his group of friends! We then went to Kristi's and taught her about temples and that was just so spiritual. After that we went to the church for mutual hungout with the girlies...the 3 active ones. It is so sad. I want there to be more young women for them! :( Sister Sullivan is so sweet and is going to get a hymns made easy book for me! I sprayed my mattress because I don't wanna encounter bed bugs ( didn't know were actually real btw) and I didn't dilute it enough so it was back on the floor for me! LOL I read 3 Nephi 17 and I just broke down crying reading that. It is the sweetest chapter ever about the savior and it just shows how much he truly cares for us.

Thursday: PLANNING DAY. We planned Kristits baptism! That was really fun! We visited sister Colbert and she has by far the COOLEST baptismal story ever. Her husband took the discussions and she would never join in but she would be in the other room listening and then she called the missionaries late one night after finishing the book of Mormon and said that she needed to be baptized the next day so the missionaries came over with the stake president and retaught her all the lessons! & she was baptized the NEXT day!!! :)) CRAZY!! We went to sister shedricks for dinner and then she braided my hair and that was pretty fly.

Friday: I kept my braids in that was nice to not have to do ALL of my hair. Its getting long and im so glad I decided to grow out my hair on my mission because well on your mission YOU ARE BROKE 99.9% of the time. We went and helped clean someone's apartment. We had a lesson with Claritha and that went really well. I went to subway and ordered a Italian BMT & the guy next to me was a vegetarian and he was like I don't understand how you could be such a gentle creature but consume so much meat. I didn't really know what to say to that...but then we ended up having a pretty cool conversation. I met Chris Cirby at the church he was fixing something and he went to school with KRISTIN!! (: Elder Dimanche is such a funny elder, he is Haitian and no one can understand him. Well I can but sister aiono cant and its just sooo funny! (: We started teaching the freemans little girl...little did I know they had a young daughter. We were cleaning out the baptismal font and we found some stained shorts on the shelf and we put them in elder waites guitar case! Lol

Saturday: BAPTISM!!! I got two packages form my mom! A butt load of food and another awesome package. I love you mom, thanks so much! Food packages are the best because its hard to get people to feed us. LOL The struggle is REAL. I watched some videos my family put on my memory card, that was really sweet. I cried. It started to down pour but we still had an amazing turn out for the baptism. Kristi just started to bawl after she was baptized and we just embraced her. I started to cry again, she has the most genuine spirit. Afterwards we had refreshments and the elders were cramming cookies in their mouths..that was entertaining. The elders sang us some songs on the guitar and then Elder Waite gave me a blessing. I was very uneasy..and it was just a huge comfort to me, I cried. I am so grateful for the priesthood and little will he ever know how much that meant to me. We went and saw Tramelle and he let me cut off his dreads!!!! ((((: AHH!!

Sunday: Sister Aiono and I spoke in church and it was AWESOME. (: oh & I FINALLY rode marta!!!!!

I love the savior so much. I have just been so taken back at all the things he has done for me and all of us. I read Mormon 9 today and felt impressed to share it with yall. I love these verses especially 19-21.
 19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and thispromise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.

I invite you all to gain a testimony of who Jesus Christ and your Heavenly Father are. Write them a thank you note, let them know how much you appreciate and love them both. (:

Sister Russell























No comments:

Post a Comment